The United States currently issues a number of Green Cards to immigrants for special circumstances. This is possible if the applicant's situation correspond to the pre-requisites. The procedure of applying for a Green Card as a special immigrant involves two steps:
Step 1 - The Petition
Step 2 - The Application
The application process can be carried out in the United States or at any U.S. consulate abroad.
Special Immigrant Green Cards are available if the applicant falls under one of the following categories:
* Workers for recognized religious organizations
* Foreign medical graduates who have been in the United States for a certain time
* Foreign workers who were formerly long-time employees of the United States government
* Foreign nationals who have been declared dependant by juvenile courts in the United States
* Retired officers or employees of certain international organizations who have lived in the United States for a certain time
What is included in this information and application kit?
* Green Card as a special immigrant overview
* The different special immigrant categories
* Privileges and limitations
* Eligibility and requirements
* How to apply if you are already in the United States
* How to apply if you are outside the United States
* How to fill out the application forms
* Document checklist
* List of all USCIS (formerly INS) offices nationwide
* List of United States Embassies and Consulates
* FREE Application forms
* All immigration forms are provided to you free of charge with the purchase of this information and application kit.